Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Just Don't Get It.

"For nothing is impossible with God." Well, I have heard a number of people say that lately. It has been everywhere, but one thing I have noticed is that people are saying it, but they don't seem to truly believe it. And, here in lies the part I am trying to understand: How can you say it, and then not believe it, and yet expect it to come true or into being?


I don't have all the answers to the how or anything, but I know anything is possible with God. I refuse to be caught up in the doubt and questions of it. I kind of feel like that is what faith is all about. Taking that step where God is leading you without having all of the answers. God reveals his plans in his time not ours. 


 Going where God leads isn't easy and from all of the stories I have read in the Bible, I am not sure it is really meant to be. I think there is a growth and a closeness that comes from relying on God in the struggle. It seems in all of the stories, the biggest struggles were at the beginning and the biggest rewards were at the end. I think it is true in beginning to realize something big. 


But back to the question, I understand the need for tentative plans and for working out details and such. I just don't understand how so many who say they believe can also doubt that anything is possible. Part of believing it is living it, right? I guess that last part is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment